“Archive (concept)” icon from The Noun Project. Part of Cultural Heritage Iconathon icon set. Public domain.
When digging through the ol’ desktop/hard-drive/thumb-drives/external-drives
/google-drive/dropbox/evernote/oh-god-please-help-me recently I came across the notes
(filename: “levels_notes.doc” — good grief)
I had taken when Andrea Goethals, Trevor Owens, Meg Phillips and I were
working on the paper, The NDSA Levels of Digital Preservation: An Explanation and Uses.
As the paper’s abstract says:
This paper presents the Levels, explains the context of the project’s development within the NDSA, describes the rationale behind each of the guidelines and why they were prioritized the way they were, suggests how the guidelines may be used, and compares and contrasts the Levels to other ways of assessing stages of digital preservation. Other assessment models include Nancy McGovern and Anne Kenney’s “The Five Organizational Stages of Digital Preservation,” Charles Dollar and Lori Ashley’s “Digital Preservation Capability Maturity Model,” and OCLC Research’s 2012 report, “You’ve Got to Walk Before You Can Run: First Steps for Managing Born-Digital Content Received on Physical Media. More info: http://www.jeffersonbailey.com/i-review-6-digital-preservation-models-so-you-dont-have-to/
|
Links, stories, images and articles about data-intensive research from Australia and beyond. An unofficial blog created by the Australian Research data Commons (Formerly: Australian National Data Service (ANDS), Nectar & RDS)) for the purpose of recording and sharing external content. ARDC does not endorse the content posted.
Monday, 16 February 2015
I Review 6 Digital Preservation Models So You Don’t Have To
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment